I have come to the conclusion that I needed to do a better job of keeping up with ALL the goals I set for myself. Now that I will be entering into my thirties, I do not want to get to my fifties (and beyond) with any regrets! So in order to not say, "I wish I had done such and such." (like I have done with my twenties). I "created" a bucket list....
My plan with this blog is to document my journey to completing my bucket list. I want to capture my experiences with my camera and write about them. So please feel free to join me on this journey!!!
I have broken my goals down into different components:
GREEN - Done
YELLOW - In Progress
GREEN - Done
YELLOW - In Progress
- Spend time with my elderly relatives
- Establish better relationships with my siblings.
- Do things with my nieces and nephews.
- Prepare for my "future" husband.
- Complete 10 of Jillian Michaels fitness videos! (0/10)
- Complete Insanity
- Complete P90X
- Complete Brazil Butt Lift DVD
- Run a 5k, 106, half marathon and marathon
- Learn how to swim
- Start cycling
- Compete in cycle and swim meets/events
- Complete a triathlon
- Compete in a crossfit event
- Start taking regular Yoga Classes (at least one every week or every other week for a year)
- Take tennis lessons.
- Join a running club.
- Join the "50 States Marathon Club".
- Participate in a Color Run.
- Become debt free (except for student loans & future mortgage)
- Start a "future homeowner" savings account
- Have $5000 in my LEVEL ONE emergency savings account
- Have $2000 in my vacation savings account
- Have $500 in my car emergency savings account
- Obtain a starter home/condo/townhouse
- Obtain rental property
- Establish a positive net worth
- Start investing
- Open an IRA
- Obtain my MSW, LMSW and LCSW.
- Become a licensed Real Estate Agent
- Create a non-profit organization
- Entrepreneurship (Contract/Policies/Grant Writer)
- Become fluent in Spanish
- Become conversational in Japanese and a Middle Eastern language.
- Become a professor
- Become a franchise owner
- Earn the Microsoft Office 2010 Master Certification
- Professional Blogger
- Published Author
- Life Coach
- Learn to meditate and incorporate it into my life. (see my post about Transcendental Meditation)
- Become spiritually stronger
- Read the Bible extensively from cover to cover (at least 3 different translations)
- Read each holy book for all major religions
- Become a mentor
- Take a creative writing course
- Take a Toast Masters course
- Take a self defense class
- Take a graphic design and video editing course
- Enter into a writing contest
- Take at least one continuing education course every other year. NEVER STOP LEARNING
- Consistently write in my gratitude journal (at least once a week) for a year.
- Become an early riser.
- Take a solo weekend beach trip ONCE A YEAR!
- Go on a cruise
- Go on an European cruise
- Cruise around the world.
- Take a road trip across the US (from NY to CA) over a summer (by train).
- Visit every state in the US
- Visit every continent
- Spend a week in New York
- Jamaica (summer 2014)
- Go to a shooting range.
- Go see Alvin Ailey performance
- Take a culinary class
- Stay at a spa for an entire weekend
- Go wine tasting
- See at least FIVE Broadway plays in my lifetime
- Grow a functional garden
- Take a photography course
- Learn how to use a sewing machine
- Attend a NFL Super Bowl game
- Attend a NBA Final game
- Attend at least one professional sport event a year.
- Attend at least one concert a year - New Edition 04/2012; Trey Songz 2013;
WARNING: This list will be ever growing and ever changing of things I want to experience and accomplish in my life. Please feel free to gain ideas for yourself!