Monday, September 9, 2013

It's My Birthday!!!




Today is my 31st birthday! 

What a difference a year can make!! What’s the difference you may ask???? Well…..

I have clarity.

Throughout my 20s I was not living, but instead I was trying to create a life that would please (and impress) other people.  As I have stated many times on this blog, I have an “A type” personality who has to live by a to do list.  However my “to do” list consisted of unrealistic expectations of a person I truly wasn’t.

This past year I have focused on me, who I was and what I wanted out of life.  I eliminated my goals and instead I am now focusing on my passions.  I am learning to no longer beat myself up over the failure of one career path and instead enjoy the journey of the new one that I am now pursuing.  Most importantly I am now re-examining the relationships with family and friends and slowly trying to introduce them to real Neka as I get to know her as well. 

I am at a point in my life where I have the knowledge to know that EVERYTHING in my life has been working together to lead me exactly where I am at today and exactly where I need to be today.  Since coming to that realization, I am now focusing on my “purpose” in life.

Once I turned 30 I refused to take any of that stuff with me in my 30s and so far I have been doing a good job getting rid of it.

On this new found journey I am on, I have found that I have no idea what to expect and truthfully I am scared shitless…. LOL…

Nevertheless I am learning that things don’t happen overnight and instead of focusing on the end result, enjoy the ride getting there.  Therefore that is what I am doing (or shall I say learning to do), enjoying the ride!!!!


Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment