Monday, September 16, 2013

Following Through (Part 1)

Over the weekend and even earlier today, I was really hard on myself for not following through on things I needed to accomplish. For the life of me I could not I understand that if the things I desire take work, why is it so hard to do!  I was starting to believe that I guess I really didn't desire the things that I thought I did.  However after saying a prayer and asking for understanding, I begin reading (and watching YouTube videos) about accomplishing goals and following through. This is when I came across this nice little quote:

“Motivation is in the mind; follow-through is in the practice.”

The article where I found the quote suggests that in order to “follow through” on the things that I desire, I need to stop thinking and just do.  Now I don’t know about all that but I will try my damn best to give it a shot. Therefore in order to just do and not think, one has to be very specific in the things they want to accomplish.

MOTIVATION: Get up at 5:00/5:30am       
FOLLOW THROUGH: No internet past 9pm and sleep no later than 10:30pm.

MOTIVATION: Post once a week on both blogs.
FOLLOW THROUGH: Write everyday for 30 minutes.

MOTIVATION: Run a 5k.
FOLLOW THROUGH: Train with my C25K app 3 times a week.

MOTIVATION: Read 4 books per month.
FOLLOW THROUGH: Read at least 30 minutes a night.

Now I cannot speak on tomorrow, but today I did excellent job following through on EVERYTHING that I sat out to accomplish (work, school, working out and writing).  Lets see what tomorrow bring!


See ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment