Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Its been a long time

Life happens to the best of us.  A new job, graduate school, internship, moving closer to my hometown/new job and trying to get into shape really did me in without even realizing it.  When life gets in the way sometimes you have take a step back to regain footing.  Between commuting back and forth to work Monday through Friday (hence the move), commuting to class several nights a week and going to my internship on the weekends, I really didn't (and still don't) have much time for a life.

Another reason I have been MIA was due to trying to figure out how much I actually wanted to share on here. I want to be transparent but not too transparent if that's understandable.  For me, reading personal blogs are not only entertaining, but also inspiring. I love reading financial and weight loss blogs, but for me, I don't want everyone in my business. Another reason (okay, the real reason) is that I don't want to be judged. Being that I am from a small area and all my social networks  are intertwined, it would be really easy for people to find out about this blog.

However I have been challenged to put myself out there and be vulnerable.  I have a love and passion for writing and why not do what I love and stop caring what others think?  I have heard that by caring what others think about you gives them power over you. I have come to the conclusion that I will take that power back. Now I will not be cured over night, but hopefully by writing about my thoughts, feelings and life experiences, I will be better equip with being comfortable within myself and no longer care what others think of me.

I refused to live the rest of my life like I did the first 29 years.  I vow to live a life doing what makes me happy as long as I am not hurting those around me.  If it ostracizes me from family and friends, so be it.  Those who will get me, GREAT!  Those who will not get me, who will call me "weird" or "different", GREAT!  I will just keep it moving with a smile on my face. 

Therefore......

It has been a year since I debuted the blog.  At the start of the blog, I was preparing myself to turn 30. To say that I wasn't too crunk about this upcoming age, would be an understatement.  I was broke, dead end job (others did not feel this way, but I did and that's all that mattered), did not know where I was headed career wise, spiritually exhausted and totally out of shape. 

During my "hiatus", my 30th birthday has come and went, and it's now time to face the music concerning the things that I wanted to accomplish.  I stated in my first post that if I could at least "get these things together" (not complete), that I would feel better about going into my 30s.  Though I may not feel 100% confident about entering my 30s in the state I am in, I do feel a hell of a lot better than I did when I wrote that first post. PROGRESS!!!

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment